This isn't all about beauty.
First of all let's set our terms so there is no mistake as to where I am coming from today.
sub·ver·sive /səbˈvɜrsɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhb-vur-siv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1. Also, sub·ver·sion·ar·y Audio Help /səbˈvɜrʒəˌnɛri, -ʃə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhb-vur-zhuh-ner-ee, -shuh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation. tending to subvert or advocating subversion, esp. in an attempt to overthrow or cause the destruction of an established or legally constituted government.
2. a person who adopts subversive principles or policies.
This is what dictionary.com says Subversive means. Yes the capital letter is fully intended stay with me.
Now first I want to talk about what is in my little slice of the universe subversive. Being that I am not overthrowing the government yet, I am a person who adops subversive principles or policies.
Lots of them.
I believe that the biggest and the one that has the biggest impact is that in this day and age in America I love myself. I love my jiggly, black, fat ass. I love my big meaty throbbing brains. I love that I have at long last, finally decided that up with this fuckery I will not put, and I do my own thing.
I have released my need to cling to philosophies and labels (even when they hurt me), I have consciously and deliberately rejected the expectations of other people.
This makes me among the most dangerous mother fuckers walking.
I am a patriot. I am a goddamn good patriot because I love my country enough to question it, and criticize it because I want it to be a better place for me, my friends, my lovers and my enemies.
I am dangerous because I will not blithely and blindly accept what the established coroporate whores feed me.
I will not accept it and I am not afraid to say I will not accept it.
Up with this fuckery I will not fucking put.
I am dangerous because I am Black, I am a Woman, I am Queer, I am Smart, I am NOT AFRAID.
Let me repeat that last part, I AM NOT AFRAID.
I am not afraid to tell contemporary feminist to fuck right the fuck off and to stay out of my make up case, out of my fucking pants. I am not afraid to not be sorry for your discomfort when I or other people of color call bullshit and double fucking shenanigans. I am not afraid to remind you to listen to your friends.
I am not afraid to give the ruling class the finger and turn my back.
It is dangerous to the status quo of any given group, to have amongst it's ranks or coming in from the outside a person who has no issue making up their own mind and meaning it.
I will not allow anyone's agenda to turn my world on it's head.
Are we clear?
Now off come the RantyPants and I will do the Tuesday TMI.
1. When was the last time someone hit on you? What went down? The last person to seriously hit on me was a very hot ass, black and blue haired butch. She offered to buy me a cupcake, I declined since I was running to work. However if I was single and looking, I would probably have been naked on her couch within three days. No seriously.
2. If you were single and could be with any one person, who would it be (thinking singer/actor or someone famous here, but whatever)? Uh I don't know. I hate these questions. Why isn't it ever what's your ultimate super fantasy poly relationship?
3. Have you ever had done anything sexual in your office or your place of employment? Uh...maybe.
4. Do you apologize when you make a mistake? How do you react when someone calls you out? If I have made a mistake generally I am comfortable apologizing and owning it. It really depends on how someone approaches me as to how I react. If someone is being an asshole about something my reaction is going to be less favorable than if they are reasonable or at least polite.
5. Top or bottom? Both. It really depends on my mood.
Bonus (as in optional): Bonus: How old were you when you first had a willing sexual experience? Does masturbating count? I got down with myself as a kid often and in a variety of creative ways.
Ah yes beauty.
Today's look is a doozy.
I'll post pics tomorrow but my inspiration was seriously candy. Bright tasty makes your mouth water and gives you a visual happy candy. I recently got a super deal on a 36 color Starry palette. Of course I can't find a picture of it on the intertubes but I got a SUPER deal and I tried out one of the shadows in it.
The only thing I am really missing is the perfect pink gloss for this kind of look. My lips are really pigmented (brown) and finding that illusive perfect sparkly candy pink has been difficult.
Also, still don't care if "real" feminists think my love of make up is a bad thing. Don't care.
The way I look at it what is a more feminist ideal than a woman who enjoys her own skin? So yeah.
I will probably at some point do a tutorial for my make up loving homies of color (yes you brown folks) on how to get super bright BLAM shadow. I am color obsessed and it took me quite awhile to figure out a technique to get color that is LOUD LOUD LOUD.
There is some stuff you need to do to get this and I will show you it.
Also can I just express more love for Aromaleigh right now? They are awesome for my fix of candy raver worthy brights. Srsly.
I also have an idea to do some Fatshionista outfit videos. Would that be cool or way too nerdy?
Mostly things like instant gothification of your wardrobe. (Yes I absolutely just made that word up). Like you're not really into the whole goth thing but your friends invited you to goth night and you wanna look cute.
Hopefully Uniballer and I will figure out a way to do this in the near future. I am still not that great with my camera but I'm working on it.
I think that's all.
No wait, Happy Late Birfday Davitta. I hope you got poutine and cupcakes.
Now really that's it. I am rocking out to Faith No More, and admiring my fabulous but slightly smeared for some reason dark purple.